Saturday, March 18, 2017

Short Reviews of Dramas - No. 7



Ex-Girlfriend Club
1. Producer – This was my first drama with Cha Tae-Hyun, and I enjoyed every scene he was in. Even if Kim Soo-Hyun is a bigger star, he doesn’t shine in this. But the scene-stealers were Kim Jong-Kook and Ye Ji-Won, she nailed that secretary character brilliantly.

2. Secret Garden (I know, I should’ve watched it years earlier.) – I wasn’t so taken by it. Yes, the body swapping was fun at first, and I laughed out loud, but the ego and rudeness of Kim Joo-Won (Hyun-Bin) was too much for me. I liked more Oska, Yoon Sang-Hyun’s character with all his flaws.

3. Liar Game – It was like watching aerialists performing without a net. I was always afraid they will fall. It disturbed me that I couldn’t trust anybody exept Nam Da-Jung, but she was naive and got conned often. I was holding my breath until the very end. I don’t like reality shows and for certain, I wouldn’t watch one like this if it was for real. Lee El was fantastic in her role, she was shrewd and unpredictable.

4. Ex-Girlfriend Club – It was hilarious. I felt like Song Ji-Hyo carried the this whole show on her shoulder, like her character in the drama. It was fun to watch the ex-girlfriends evolving from enemies to friends. And their behaviour around Bang Myeong-Soo, their ex, was so ridiculous, that sometimes couldn’t stop laughing, yet relatable.

5. Oh, My Venus - So Ji-Sub and Shin Min-A had great chemistry, they made me overlook the plot holes and the slow pace. Shin Min-A wasn’t really fat even in that fat suit, they should’ve make her bigger. The thing that Kang Joo-Eun was told to and then she wanted to slim down, so that she could feel attractive, didn’t bother me, because like that she became healthier. And health is very precious, you realize it just when you get sick. Kim Young-Ho’s sidekicks (Sung Hoon and Henry ) were adorable. The actors should’ve learn to pronounce the word Venus, because the way they did, sounded like an entirely different word: the male organ. As a conclusion, if I had a trainer like that, I would exercise more.

6. She Was Pretty – It was an okay drama, but not exeptional. It was hard to believe that Kim Hye-Jin (Hwang Jung-Eum) was so ugly that Ji Sung-Joon (Park Seo-Joon) couldn’t recognize her. And it was even harder to see how she put up with everything when he was treating her bad. If it wasn’t for Choi Si-Won and his character, I probably didn’t watch it to the end.

Oh, My Venus

No comments:

Post a Comment